The COVID-19 virus has had a big impact on athletes, individuals and businesses. I hope that you are all safe and well.
I hope that you have been able to train safely by some means although the majority of events and challenges have been cancelled and suspended. These activites and events will return eventually and I join you in looking forward to it. In the meantime I wanted to let you know that, subject to Government Guidelines of course, I am open and happy to help you in any which way I can.
At present I am offering personal training via Zoom. All you need is some space and a small amount of equipment. It’s amazing what you can do with a dining room chair and those dumbbells your spouse bought and has never used!
I am also running my Total Core class at 9.45am on a Saturday by Zoom. This is mainly bodyweight exercises so all can join in.
As from 1 June, I can also train you in the park or in a private garden. This is subject to restrictions:
- we must remain 2m apart at all times
- we must not use outside gym equipment (ie. static park furniture
- a maximum of six people
I have my own limited gym facilities and gazebo for use in my garden & welcome you to train there. Plenty of hand sanitiser but no toilet facilities please.
To endeavour to keep you safe, I propose the following:-
- I will use only one or two pieces of equipment outside of my garden (if you have your own you are welcome to bring it)
- you will provide your own mat
- I will use gloves, if you require, when handling the equipment which I will dispose of at the end of the session
- I will be responsible for wiping down equipment after use
- I will stand 2m (at least) away from you and likewise you will remain 2m away from me and any other attendees
- if required, I will wear a face mask
In addition I ask that you:
- if you develop cold or flu-like symptoms, a fever or shortness of breath please do not attend your workout and advise me immediately. Please also contact a health care professional as necessary
- if you sneeze or cough, please cover your mouth with your elbow or a tissue (throwing the latter away immediately)
- use an alcohol based gel to wash your hands after your workout and avoid touching your face during your workout
- bring water and a towel
There will be an extra charge for sessions outside of Wendover/Weston Turville/Aston Clinton.
If you have any particular requirements, please do not hesitate to ask me.
Please do bear with me and my diary at the moment. For obvious reasons people are not in their usual slots and I will need to try to manage between Zoom and outside clients. It is all a bit trial and error. However I will do all I can to try to arrange a safe and fun workout.
Please stay safe.