The COVID-19 virus has had a big impact on athletes, individuals and businesses. I do hope that you are all safe and well in these trying times.
I also hope that you have been able to train safely by some means over the past few months, despite the majority of events and challenges having been cancelled or suspended. These activities and events are slowly returning and I join you in looking forward to “normal”. In the meantime I wanted to let you know that, subject to Government guidelines, I am very much open as a business and happy to help you reach your goals in any way I can.
At present I am offering training via Zoom. All you need is an internet connection, some quiet space and a small amount of equipment and off we go! Please ensure there is plenty of space around you and you advise me of any ailments or injuries at the start of the session.
I am currently running my Total Core class at 9.30am on a Saturday morning via Zoom. This is mainly body weight so all can join in. A resistance band would, however, be helpful if you have it.
We are currently in Tier 3. Under the current Covid-19 guidelines this means that no indoor PT can take place save in a recognised gym. PT can take place outside in a private garden or public park in groups of up to 6 people including myself. All subject to social distancing.
Halton Health & Fitness Club have two PT pods for use by its personal trainers. These are partly outside. Subject to numbers we also have access to the main gym. The pods will be fitted with a piece of CV equipment and various free weights and kit. The changing rooms and lockers are not in use but a toilet will be available. The trainers will be responsible for cleaning these areas. The pods are in the outside covered area which will be shielded. Members will not have access whilst you are training.
It is also possible to book the studio which has its own entrance. Booking of both the pods and studio is of course subject to existing bookings by others.
Halton has a booking system which only allows 10 members into the gym at any time. They have removed and spaced out equipment so that there is two metres between stations. The windows are open to allow for airflow. Each person training is expected to take a bucket containing spray and wipes to wipe the equipment after use. There is an NHS track and trace system in place.
I have been permitted limited use of the local park by the parish council. This allows me to use an area by the MUGA subject to my not attaching anything to the MUGA.
To endeavour to keep you safe during our sessions, I propose the following:-
- you will use hand sanitiser before and after your session
- I will take your temperature at the beginning of the session
- I will be responsible for wiping down equipment before and after use
- I will endeavour to stand 2m away from you and likewise you will remain 2m away from me
- There is no obligation on a personal trainer to wear a mask either in the gym or outside but please advise if you require me to do so
In addition I ask that you:
- if you develop cold or flu-like symptoms, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, a fever or shortness of breath please do not attend your workout and advise me immediately. Please also contact a health care professional as necessary
- if you, or a member of your household, develop the above symptoms within two days of your workout, again please advise me immediately
- if you have a test for Covid-19 which gives a positive result please advise me immediately
- if you sneeze or cough, please cover your mouth with your elbow or a tissue (throwing the latter away immediately)
- avoid touching your face (primarily mouth, nose and eyes) during your workout
- bring water and a towel
- please only touch those items or kit required to be used in connection with your workout
If you have any particular requirements, please do not hesitate to ask me.
Please do bear with me and my diary at the moment. For obvious reasons people are not in their usual slots and I will need to try to manage between Zoom, park clients and gym clients. It is all a bit trial and error. However I will do all I can to try to arrange a safe and fun workout.
Please stay safe.