The COVID-19 virus has had a big impact on athletes, individuals and businesses. I do hope that you are all safe and well in these trying times.
I also hope that you have been able to train safely by some means over the past few months, despite the majority of events and challenges having been cancelled or suspended. These activities and events are slowly returning and I join you in looking forward to “normal”. In the meantime I wanted to let you know that, subject to Government guidelines, I am very much open as a business and happy to help you reach your goals in any way I can.
At present I am offering training via Zoom. All you need is an internet connection, some quiet space and a small amount of equipment and off we go!
I am currently running my Total Core class at 9.30am on a Saturday morning via Zoom. This is mainly body weight so all can join in.
As from 25 July, I can train you inside on a 1-2-1 basis subject to compliance with social distancing regulations. This is in addition to continuing to train outside in a garden or park.
I have my own limited gym facilities and gazebo for use in my garden & welcome you to train there. Alternatively we can use my studio which has double doors, a window and a fan for air circulation. This can be accessed through and is at the bottom of my garden. I have plenty of hand sanitiser and will clean kit used before and after visits. It will be helpful if you could bring your own exercise mat. There are no toilet or changing facilities.
Halton are opening up three PT pods for use by its personal trainers. We will not have access to the main gym. The pods will be fitted with a piece of CV equipment and various free weights and kit. The changing rooms and lockers are not in use but a toilet will be available. The trainers will be responsible for cleaning these areas. Two pods are in the outside covered area which will be shielded and the third is in the studio,
To endeavour to keep you safe, I propose the following:-
- you will use hand sanitiser before and after your session
- I will be responsible for wiping down equipment before and after use
- I will endeavour to stand 2m away from you and likewise you will remain 2m away from me
In addition I ask that you:
- if you develop cold or flu-like symptoms, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, a fever or shortness of breath please do not attend your workout and advise me immediately. Please also contact a health care professional as necessary
- if you, or a member of your household, develop the above symptoms within two days of your workout, again please advise me immediately
- if you sneeze or cough, please cover your mouth with your elbow or a tissue (throwing the latter away immediately)
- avoid touching your face (primarily mouth, nose and eyes) during your workout
- bring water and a towel
- please only touch those items or kit required to be used in connection with your workout
If you have any particular requirements, please do not hesitate to ask me.
Please do bear with me and my diary at the moment. For obvious reasons people are not in their usual slots and I will need to try to manage between Zoom, home clients and gym clients. It is all a bit trial and error. However I will do all I can to try to arrange a safe and fun workout.
Please stay safe.