The COVID-19 virus has had a big impact on athletes, individuals and businesses. I do hope that you are all safe and well in these trying times.
I also hope that you have been able to train safely by some means over the past few months, despite the majority of events and challenges having been cancelled or suspended. These activities and events are slowly returning and I join you in looking forward to “normal”. In the meantime I wanted to let you know that, subject to Government guidelines, I am very much open as a business and happy to help you reach your goals in any way I can.
I am pleased to report I am back in full capacity at Halton Tennis Centre.
Halton has a booking system which only allows 10 members into the gym at any time. They have removed and spaced out equipment so that there is two metres between stations. The windows are open to allow for airflow. Each person training is expected to take a bucket containing spray and wipes to wipe the equipment after use. There is an NHS track and trace system in place.
There is also a covered area and an outside area.
To endeavour to keep you safe during our sessions, I propose the following:-
- you will use hand sanitiser before and after your session
- I will take your temperature at the beginning of the session
- I will be responsible for wiping down equipment before and after use
- I will endeavour to stand 1m+ away from you and likewise you will remain 1m+ away from me. I will not be offering assisted stretching.
- There is no obligation on a personal trainer to wear a mask either in the gym or outside but please advise if you require me to do so
In addition I ask that you:
- if you develop cold or flu-like symptoms, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, a fever or shortness of breath please do not attend your workout and advise me immediately. Please also contact a health care professional as necessary
- if you, or a member of your household, develop the above symptoms within two days of your workout, again please advise me immediately
- if you have a test for Covid-19 which gives a positive result please advise me immediately
- if you sneeze or cough, please cover your mouth with your elbow or a tissue (throwing the latter away immediately)
- avoid touching your face (primarily mouth, nose and eyes) during your workout
- bring water and a towel
- please only touch those items or kit required to be used in connection with your workout
If you have any particular requirements, please do not hesitate to ask me.
Please train safe.